The Technology Assessment Toolkit, developed by Cultural Practice, LLC, describes a tested process for understanding how agricultural technologies can reach both men and women farmers. The Toolkit is broken into three parts:
Part 1: Learn discusses the relationships between gender, nutrition, and agricultural technologies. Part 2: Apply introduces a gender analysis framework and tools that can be used to enhance the design and dissemination of agricultural technologies. Part 3: Share is a facilitator’s guide for designing and conducting a workshop on the methodology.
Work with us. We can:
- Assess the gender-responsiveness of agricultural technologies promoted by your organization
- Develop a detailed profile of a specific technology
- Provide targeted recommendations to improve your agricultural technologies and their distribution models to reach women
- Provide training on the technology assessment methodology
Share your technology profiles with us.
Have you used the toolkit and developed a technology profile? We will host it on the website. Contact us.
Check out the technology profiles.
Cultural Practice, LLC provided technical input for the technology profiles under the USAID-funded Integrating Gender and Nutrition within Agricultural Extension Systems (INGENAES) project. Additional technology profiles were developed under different programs.
Additional Technology Profiles
INGENAES Technology Profiles
- Rice Processing (Sierra Leone 2017)
- Fish Feed (Sierra Leone 2017)
- Mini-Tiller (Nepal 2017)
- Conservation Practices for Vegetable Production (Nepal 2016)
- Fertilizer Deep Placement (Bangladesh 2016)
- CSISA Pond and Gardening (Bangladesh 2016)
- Digital Fat Tester (Bangladesh 2016)
- Langstroth Beehive (Bangladesh 2016)
- Aflasafe (Zambia 2016)
- PICS (Purdue Improved Crop Storage) Bags (Zambia 2016)
- Treadle Pump (Zambia 2016)