As our core technical specialty, Cultural Practice, LLC brings a depth of experience in facilitating gender integration across a range of different types of organizations and a number of sectors. In addition to our in-house expertise, we have a network of over 100 consultants in the US and overseas, able to deliver gender expertise to diverse technical areas including agriculture, food security, business support services, value chain development, energy and climate change, health and HIV/AIDS, GBV, anti-trafficking, natural resource management, and governance. We are also able to link up with women’s empowerment research, implementation, and advocacy organizations and government units in Africa, Latin and Central America, and Asia.
CP applies its gender expertise to all of its services and sector work. In addition we provide critical analysis in the areas of gender-based violence, land and property rights, economic empowerment and livelihoods, participation and governance.
CP helps clients to conduct sector-specific gender analysis to identify disparities and inequalities that may limit access to equal opportunities and benefits for women and men. Based on the findings, we work with clients to integrate into the design of development activities approaches to overcome gender-related obstacles to achieving the project’s objectives, and to enhance women’s and men’s equal participation and leadership.
Examples of Our Work
- CP is the lead advisor for Lutheran World Relief’s Learning for Gender Integration initiative, supporting staff at headquarters and in three country offices Uganda, India, and Nicaragua to institutionalize gender analysis into its agricultural programming cycle.
- CP supported the integration of gender into Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation strategies in agriculture, health, and financial services and has worked with its grantees in agriculture and health.
- CP is leading a gender audit for The Carter Center, which will be used to develop a new gender equality policy.
- CP led the Strategic Gender Assessment of the HarvestPlus biofortification program, the world leader in breeding higher nutrient seeds to produce more nutritious crops.
- CP completed a gender assessment for The Evidence to Action (E2A) project implemented by IntraHealth.
Browse our resources on gender integration.